Friday 12 July 2013

Day 6 - Ueno Koen and Tokyo Night Views

I had such a fab day today. I went to Ueno koen in the morning and wandered around. I sat down and shortly afterwards spotted a young couple of tourist, so I got up and walked towards them and started a conversatiion. They were Australian and really nice, and we ended up going around the whole zoo together for about 2.5 to 3 hours! It was just the same as most other zoos, I was just appreciating the company.





At around half 3ish, they went to Asakusa, and I sat on a bench in the shade for a while, resting my feet. After a while, a red haired girl walked past and sat on a bench near me. She appeared to be alone, so I went and said hello. Turns out she was Russian and hardly spoke a word of English, but she was studying Japanese so we managed to have a sort of conversation in Japanese. She was really sweet.


When she left, I wandered out of the zoo back into the park, and sat on another bench. ( I'm not really lazy, I had been on my feet for the whole morning!) After a while a tired looking girl/young woman came and sat on the bench next to me. She looked really tires so I didn't say anything for a few minutes. Then I asked if she was travelling alone, and she was, and I quickly joined her on her bench. She was Italian and so nice, and we talked for ages. 



After a while I mentioned that I was going to the Tokyo Metropolitan Office buildings in Shinjuku tonight as they have a free observation deck (unlike Tokyo Tower and the Skytree Tower) and she asked if she could come! Obviously I was thrilled at the prospect, so we headed off to Shinjuku at around 5pm. We got to the building at around 5:45, so I managed to take some pics of the daytime view:








Then the sun set and I tried to take some pictures of the nighttime view:






My camera struggled somewhat, but some of those are pretty good I think.

Nicoletta had to go after that, so I went home, and ate a big mac on the way as I was craving some western food. 

Then I had a lovely skype chat with Dad and Niki, which was a great way to end an awesome day.

Tomorrow is my last full day in Tokyo till the end of my trip!!!!

Time flies when you are having the most fun ever.  




No comments:

Post a Comment