Wednesday 31 July 2013

Day 25 - Back to Tokyo, Hard Rock Cafe and Ginza

I arrived in Tokyo at about 2pm after sleeping solidly for the entire train journey. Actually I did mange to stay awake long enough to eat my bento box! I had seen these at every station I had been in, and today I just went ahead and bought a little one. It was nice and filling, and it came in a really cool box :)




I went home and dropped my bag off, then headed straight back out to Roppongi, where the Hard Rock Cafe is. I arrived at about 4 and bought a hoodie. I didn't wait to eat there, but I took some photos and listened to the bands' rendition of Ghostbusters. Which was really funny.





I stopped off at Ginza on the way home, which is a posh shopping district. There were lots of shops like Armani, Gucci etc, and I felt really underdressed compared to everyone else, which was kinda funny. I went into the big Sony store, and there were loads of random fish tanks!? It was strange, but cool. I didn't stay for long before heading back home.




I went to McDonalds on the way (I'd like to see you eat nothing but Japanese food for a month, straight) and for dessert I went to get a pie. There were pictures of cherries where the pies were kept, and I could see there was a flavour other than apple, so I got really excited. The packaging was yellow, and gave no indication of the flavour, so I bit into it, excited to discover a new sweet treat...



It was a bacon and potato pie. I almost laughed out loud on the spot. It was savoury! I ate it though, and then I went back to get an apple pie :P



I'm back home now, and excited for the Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment