Monday 8 July 2013

Day 2 - Akihabara and Asakusa

I slept late today. Well, till about 10am, and I woke up really hot and sticky. Somehow, I made my way to Akihabara at around 11, and had a look around. It was hot and sunny and humid and I was sweaty and disgusting, but it was still pretty cool, so I walked up and down for a couple of hours, stopping for some ramen on the way.



I got bored pretty quickly in Akihabara, there was only so much to do, so I hopped back on the metro to get to Asakusa. I was just walking down the street of shops, when I heard a girl ask for her photo to be taken, and she said 'I'm travelling alone.'

Immediately I introduced myself, and we went around Asakusa together.












We wandered around Asakusa for a while, then got some sushi, before going on a walk to Tokyo Skytree tower. On the way, however, it started to rain, and I mean torrential rain, so we ran into the nearest building, which was some kind of beer brewey, and there were a lot of serious men in suits walking around. They didn't chuck us out, to our relief, so we stayed indoors for about half an hour, waiting for the rain to abate.





Unfotunately, it was Magda's last day in Tokyo for a while, as she has left for Kyoto earlier today, but she was great company for the day. 

We parted ways at the metro station, and I made my way home. Tomorrow, I'm going to Shibuya and meeting people at my friends' office, which should be fun, but I've just discovered a blister on my foot from my flip flops, so I wont be wearing them for a few days at least :(

Never mind eh. I'm in Japan, life is good.

On that note, I think I'll say goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment