Sunday 28 July 2013

Day 22 - Going (eventually) to Osaka

Garsh, don't you just love reaching the top of the escalator after running through the station with your heavy luggage to find the train you were meant to be on leaving the platform? And that, kids, is why the snooze button is not your friend. 

Life lessons, eh?

So I missed my train. Luckily, I have a Japan Rail Pass so it didn't cost me anything extra to get to Osaka eventually. Unluckily, the pass is not valid for the two most common Shinkansen bullet trains, so I had to transfer at Okayama and had to wait and stuff.

I didn't mind...that much :P

I did eventually arrive in Osaka, then had to go to Tennoji, and my hostel was a short walk from there. I was quite tired out after having to catch a total of 4 trains to get there, so I stayed in my room for a while. Then it started to rain. A lot. So I waited till it stopped before going to get some dinner. I found a Japanese curry house really close by, and saw that you could choose what level of spiciness to have. Seeing as I haven't had anything even remotely spicy in over 3 weeks, it was nice to have something a bit hot.

I got back and met the other girl in my dorm, who is Australian and really nice, and she'll be here for all 3 nights! So I won't be without company. At the moment I think it's just the two of us in the hostel! It's really quiet...

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to the aquarium and various other things, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow :)




No comments:

Post a Comment