Tuesday 16 July 2013

Day 10 - Kawaguchiko

I left my hotel at about 8 this morning, and headed to Tokyo station. it took me about 40 minutes to get there, and then I had to try and figure out which exit would lead me to the bus terminal. All I knew was that it was the Yaesu exit, so I followed the signs that said Yaesu. The only problem was that there were multiple Yaesu exits, and there appeared to be a Yaesu station up ahead (this was all underground- Tokyo station is massive!) So I ignored all the different exits and followed the signs up to Yaesu Station (on the signs it said Yaesu St.), figuring that all the exits would be near there and someone could direct me to the right one. For any smart people reading this that have figured out why this was not the right thing to to, well done, I didn't realise till a while later, that Yaesu St does not stand for Station. It stands for Street. Yaesu Street. So I ended up on this street with no huge bus terminal in sight, only a small bus stop with no ticket counter. Bearin in mind I had been wandering around Tokyo station for nearly half an hour now, I was pretty fed up and a little bit worried. But I still had time, my bus was not till 10:10. I managed to find a police box, and the policemen directed me to the right place, thank goodness! We left bang on 10:10, and it took us around 3 hours to get to Kawaguchiko. The weather has not been kind to me today, it has been extremely cloudy, so I haven't seen the views that I was expecting, and that I know were hidden from me. I caught a fleeting glimpse of the summit of Mt Fuji, and it is so close to us! Hopefully I'll get a half hour or so of clear skies tomorrow so I can get a good view of it. I also hope all the rides will be up and running at Fuji Q Highland tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I went to the 7 Eleven for lunch, got some noodles and Calpis soda (which is so nice!) and then lay low in my room for a while. At around 7, I went to a nearby restaurant for dinner, and chatted with a couple od Canadians who are climbing Fuji tomorrow, they were good company while I waited for my food, but I was eventually told by the old lady running the place that I wasn't getting anything to eat. I think they were closing, even though it was only just past 8! I ended up having to go back to 7 eleven to get some Japanese curry, which was nice enough.

Now I'm just lying in my futon, looking forward to tomorrow. Should be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment