Wednesday 10 July 2013

Day 4 - Tokyo Tower (sort of) and Dome City (sort of)

I was feeling a bit lazy today. See, tomorrow, I'm waking up at 5am to get some sushi at the Tsukiji fish market, and I though it would be better if I chilled out today. So I lounged around till about 11, then hopped on a train to Tokyo tower. It was baking again today, (everyday the family I'm staying with say it's going to be hotter tomorrow :P ) so I made my way over to the tower quite quickly. Inside, there were some shops and cafes but most importantly, air conditioning. I decided not to go up as I know I can get great views from the Tokyo Metropolitan Office for free, so I just chilled out. After a while I made my way over to the station via a nice little park, which had a little shrine. There was no one around so I tried to take my picture with the shrine, but it didn't really work.







As I was getting out of the subway station at Dome city, this was the first thing I saw:


I was so happy. I went in and pointed at something, and this is what I got:


I didn't really have any idea what they wanted me to do with the empty bowl, or how I was expected to eat the food in general, so I just sort of made it up as I went along, put some broth in the bowl, dipped the rice in the broth. I'm sure the schoolgirls next to me found it quite amusing, but I really didn't care :)

I could not finish this bowl. I don't understand how everyone in Japan seems to eat so much food and yet they are all so small and skinnny! Wakarimasen. 

Anyway, I went off for a walk around the Dome city, which is supposed to be an entertainment city. It was a nice dome. Yeah, really nice.

 I figured out after a while that it was a baseball pitch, and there were loads of other things around like a MagiQuest place and another SEGA place, and I think there was a pool somewhere and there was a Ferris Wheel and a rollercoaster. I took some pictures, then found a great place to sit, where there was a really strong, constant cool breeze.



I sat there for ages and ages, not wanting to move at all, and after a while, a man pushing an older man in a wheelchair came and sat down near me. I asked him to take my picture, and he obliged, and then we had a conversation, for about half an hour! With my basic Japanese and his iphone translator, we managed to talk for ages, and it was just so nice. We had a photo together, then I headed home. 



I sat here for so long :)

At arounf half 6ish, I went downstairs and told the mum that I would go out for dinner at around 7, and she started talking very fast in Japanese and showed me a plate of food that she had prepared for me! She is so lovely. It was Japanese Golden Curry with seafood and some kind of pickle, and it was seriously good.

Now I'm just sat, typing this up, talking to Drew and preparing myself mentally to wake up at that ungodly hour tomorrow. 

I'm such a drama queen. And completely nuts to want to get up so early for sushi.

Sushi.

But it's going to be really good sushi.







2 comments:

  1. Isha it looks and sounds like you're having a fab time! Look forward to seeing what else you get up to.
    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah thanks Ruby, I really am :) and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete