Wednesday 17 July 2013

Day 11 - Fuji Q Highland

Coasters today! Hopped on a bus this morning and arrived at the theme park in a few short minutes. Before I left, however, I managed to get a slightly better view of Mt Fuji! Maybe tomorrow I'll see the full volcano.



Anyway, I headed straight for Takabisha, the one with the steepest freefall in the world (for a rollercoaster).  had to wait for about 2 hours, but it was so good.



I went on Fujiyama next, which was also really good, and I bought my photo on that for a mere 500yen! I was so impressed by how cheap it was. 

I got some lunch after that. Takoyaki (octopus in fried balls of something :P ) and I saw there was grape flavoured soft serve ice cream. Naturally, I had to try it. 


Let's just ignore my facial expression here...

I met some cool people in the line for the next ride! They were Japanese, but could speak really good English because they studied in California for 5 years. We had a nice chat while waiting in line, I was so happy to have found some company!


That ride itself was amazing. It was called Dodonpa, and right at the beginning you accelerate so fast, and to such a high speed, that I could not help but scream. It was crazy.

Then I went to line up for the final big rollercoaster, Eejanaika. I met a man from Uruguay in line, and we chatted for a bit. After I eventually went on the ride (which was insane, I was being thrown around like a rag doll), I came out, and saw him back in line! He waved to me and gave me a  thumbs up, which made me laugh. I gave him  thumbs up back and almost took a picture, but thought that would be a bit weird. He had just joined a 45 minute queue though!

I went on a couple of smaller rides after that, nothing different to what you see in all theme parks, then headed back to Kawaguchiko around 5ish. I had to go back to my 7 Eleven for dinner, and this time a bought a watermelon drink with my food, which was really tasty. I shall be looking out for that again.

It's been a great day today :D

Matsumoto tomorrow though, so I'm off to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment