Tuesday 9 July 2013

Day 3 Shibuya and Hibiya Park

Great day today :) I went to Shibuya in the morning and had a picture with Hachiko the dog, and with the guy that took that picture:



The famous Shibuya crossing was very cool, I'm going to go back later on to see it at night, with all the lights, but I got some good pictures today, and I used the panorama feature on my camera for the first time:










I was quite hungry by this point, so I talked to the lady at tourist information, and she pointed me towards this sushi place called Uobei. I had to asked for directions on the way, and a helpful guy walked me all the way! Everyone is so nice here. At this sushi place everything is ordered on a touch screen, and then your sushi comes to you down a chute! I got so excited (after I figured out ow to order). 





I still can't believe how cheap it was, I only needed 4 dishes to fill me up, and it cost me less than 3 pounds :D

Anyway, after that, I went back to Hachiko, trying to think of something to do, when I met this couple who were sort of my age! (19) and we got into a conversation and I told them about my sushi place because they said they were looking for a cafe. Then I said that I was going that way so I'd be happy to show them. They were enthusiastic, so we went. It was good, until about halfway up the street, after I had made them cross the road, then recross immediately, when I realised that none of the buildings looked familiar, and I had no idea where I was taking them. It was extremely embarrassing. I ended up having to ask for directions, and a Japanese lady led us all to the right place (which turned out to be just across the road, so we needn't have recrossed in the first place). I felt very silly, but oh well.


 I made myself scarce quickly after that, in desperate need of some air conditioning, and managed to find some buildings to wander round in till 1pm.

Then I made my way to a company in Tokyo and opened up the possibility of an internship there next summer for 3 months (fingers crossed that works out).

I didn't spend long at the office, maybe an hour tops, so afterwards I started to wander down towards the Imperial palace. Bearing in mind I was wearing skinny jeans today because I wanted to look smarter for the office, this walk was not a very pleasant one. It's been so hot today, my jeans were damp and sticky (had to peel them off later) I was ready to go home. I walked till I could see the palace walls, but I couldn't see an entrance close by, so I spent a bit of time in Hibiya park, which was just opposite:







I spotted a water fountain at some point, and literally ran towards it. I had some difficulty actually drinking from it though (kept shooting water into my own face) and a girl standing nearby showed me the tap next to it. She was English! We walked further into the park and sat on a bench and chatted for about 45 mins, which was really nice, and she will be in Kyoto for the first 2 days that I'm in Kyoto, so we exchanged phone numbers and hopefully we can meet up over there. 


I headed home after that, arriving at about 7. Thankfully, I managed to avoid rush hour on the Tozai line today, as I experienced that yesterday and it was SO busy, as in I didn't have to hold onto anything because there were so many people. I stopped to get some food on the way, and when I was back home, the mum gave me this really nice jelly dessert. I think it tasted vaguely caramelly....maybe.



So I had fun today :)

Feeling quite tired now though, so I think I'll go to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment