Sunday 4 August 2013

Day 28 - There and Back Again...

So I'm back in Derby. It's hard to believe that I woke up yesterday in Tokyo. Leaving the house in Tokyo was difficult, I gave everyone a hug before leaving.

Then I took the train to Narita Airport, dropped my bag off and waited for my plane. I found a shop selling interesting flavour KitKats, so I had to buy them, and I had to have one last drink of Green tea before leaving. And some Pocky.




I eventually had to board the plane, though I didn't really want to. It was about a 12 hour flight to Amsterdam, then a 4 hour wait there, then an hour flight to Birmingham. I was very happy to see my Dad and Niki again.

They wanted their gifts immediately (should have known) so after arriving home having being awake for over 22 hours, I gave them the Nikka 'From the Barrel' whisky, the sake and the chopsticks, which were greatly appreciated. I also opened all the other souvenirs, and got to bed around half 12. That's 8:30am Japanese time. Thanks, guys.

I slept really, really well, and now I'm sat on the sofa going through pictures with my family.

As for my budget, excluding money spent on souvenirs, I was about £100 pounds under my budget. All in all, including flights and the Japan Rail pass, this trip cost £2,400.

I can safely say that going on this trip was the best decision of my life so far. I had so much fun, met so many amazing and interesting people. I cannot thank my Dad enough for suggesting I did this 2 years ago. Best idea ever.

So I guess this is the end! I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it!

Till next time,

Sayounara. :)

My Japanese mum

No comments:

Post a Comment